Friday 19 June 2009

The Parish Notices...

OK, so I lied about there being more soon, but it's not our fault. Honest!

We're in the Outer Hebrides where our mobile internet provider hasn't even bothered to give us a phone signal for most of the time, let alone a 3G connection for internet access. But now we've found a campsite where they possess that supernatural being of the airwaves - WiFi. So rest assured that there will be a whole lot of updates going on in the next few days.

in the meantime, there are a couple of things I'd like to draw your attention to, if you'll indulge me....



Firstly, following on from the great time we had back in March, I'm organising another Airstream get-together. It will be at the Bracelands Caravan Park and Campsite near Christchurch in Gloucestershire over the weekend of 11th - 13th September. If anyone would like more details, please use the Contact details here. If anyone is even remotely interested, please let me know ASAP so that I have an idea of numbers and can work out costs, though I expect it to be no more than £30 or £40 for the weekend. Please don't contact the site directly since they probably don't know about it yet - I'm dealing with central office.




Secondly, we've done a bit of a face-lift on our website. It's mostly a collection of our better photos, but there's a bit more info about the four of us too. Have a look and please, if you have any feedback, drop me a line.




Thirdly, again following on from the meet in March, we've created a forum for UK Airstream owners. The US Airstream Knowledge Sharing Forum, Airforums, is a brilliant resource for all things Airstream, but isn't really a good tool for UK owners to keep in touch. If you have an Airstream and you need any help/advice/sanity from other owners, please have a look and join us at the UK Airstream Forum.




Finally, I hope no-one is offended by the inclusion of GoogleAds on the page. I'm guessing that many of you haven't even registered that they're there. GoogleAds programme policy prevents me from encouraging you to explore those ads, so I am in no way asking you to click there, but if I can ever find out how to make something other than plumbers and B&B's in Norfolk appear, there may be something of interest to you.

We will be back with more about the journey soon. Honest.


Pete

1 comment:

THISNTHAT said...

Hi, It's always interesting to hear of your progress. The Outer Hebrides sounds like a good spot to restawhile! Enjoy!
Lesley X